Sidewalk Film is now accepting applications for Spring (January-May) and Summer (June-August) 2023 interns.
The following internship positions will be available
- Festival Film Traffic and Programming Intern (Summer term only)
- Festival Box Office Intern (Summer term only)
- Operations Intern (Summer term only)
- Education/Outreach Intern (All terms)
- Marketing/Social Media Intern (All terms)
- Merchandise Intern (Summer term only)
- Development Intern (All terms)
- Video Intern (Summer and Fall only)
We are happy to work with students who are completing an internship for school credit as well as those who are not required to complete an internship as a part of their degree program. Internships are open to undergraduate and graduate students from any college or university. Film knowledge is a plus, but not a requirement for our 2023 internships.
All internships will require a minimum of 16 hours per week and open availability during our festival (August 21-27).
All interns receive a stipend based on their individual schedule and term of commitment.
In order to be considered for a Sidewalk Film internship, you must complete the basic application here, and submit a resume and recommendation letter. Applicants who do not complete all three steps will not be considered.
We expect all interns, regardless of their specific role, to exhibit professionalism, punctuality, dependability and attention to detail.
Specific Expectations Per Role:
- Festival Film Traffic and Programming Intern (great for someone who is interested in film/film programming/critique, data management)
- Assist Technical Director with festival film traffic, communication with filmmakers, programming staff, and marketing staff. Data entry, use of Microsoft Word and Excel will be required. This is NOT a programming position in which you will be selecting films for the 2023 Festival. Film knowledge is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Festival Box Office Intern (great for someone who is interested in theater operations, customer service, computer information systems or data analysis)
- Assist Box Office staff with customer service, ticket sales transactions, data entry and management, oversight of Festival volunteers. Comfort with both computers and people (in person and over the phone) is essential.
- Operations Intern (great for someone interested in event planning and management, business operations and logistics)
- Assist Director of Operations with Festival and Cinema production including note taking, placing orders, making deliveries, supply inventory and organizing, and communicating with festival staff and volunteers.
- Education/Outreach Intern (great for someone interested in education, non-profit management, or event planning)
- Assist EDO Director with the planning, marketing, and implementation of Sidewalk’s existing and upcoming educational programs. These programs include Filmmaker Happy Hour, Salon, Tech + Technique, Scramble, Youth Board, Sidewrite, Sidewalk Lab, Filmmaker Grants, Book + Film Club, Beyond the Screen, and more. The ideal candidate will be looking for experience in the education, nonprofit, or event planning fields. Film Studies and/or Film Production knowledge is preferred.
- Marketing/Social Media Intern (great for someone interested in social media marketing or non-profit communications)
- Assist Marketing Coordinator develop social media strategies, draft content for all social platforms, interact with followers by responding to comments and DMs, data analysis. Excellent writing/editing skills and understanding of social media platforms is essential.
- Merchandise Intern (great for someone interested in retail management, merchandising)
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with set-up and management inventory, POS signage creation, clean, organize, set-up tables, cash handling, and sales transactions. Comfort with both computers and people (in person) is essential. Basic understanding of Square POS a huge plus.
- Development Intern (great for someone interested in fundraising, non-profit management)
- Assist the Development Director with communication (written, email, phone) to members, donors, sponsors and government officials as needed, assist with fundraising event planning, research, data entry, basic understanding of Airtable and PatronManager/Salesforce a huge plus.
- Video Editing Intern
- Work directly with Sidewalk Staff and videographers in the concept, sorting, editing, and execution of the 2023 Sidewalk Festival Recap Video.
- Proficiency in video editing software such as Premiere Pro or Final Cut.
- Motion graphics experience is a plus, but not required.