Sidewalk Salon is a FREE monthly networking and educational event aimed at film makers and film fans alike. Join us the 1st Tuesday of each month to meet new people, learn something new and enjoy complimentary chips, salsa and queso from our friends at Rojo.
May 7, 2013 – Makeup for the Screen
At this month’s salon, we will be joined by Linda Thacker, owner of Thacker Production Services for a talk about makeup for the screen.
As always, networking hour is at 6:00 and the discussion starts at 7:00.
Do you have an upcoming project you’d like announced at the next Sidewalk Salon? Need some help or want to offer to help someone else? Perhaps you’ve just moved to town and want to let folks know you’re here. Fill in the form below and we’ll include your announcement at the next Salon!
Our friends at ROJO provide complimentary snacks for all or you can take advantage of their diverse menu selections including a full bar.
2013 Salon Topics
January 8: Making A Film Career In Birmingham with local filmmakers Sarah Heins, Todd Hornsby and Randy Crow February 5: Oscar Prediction Party March 5: Location Scouting in Alabama with Tommy Fell of the Alabama Film Office April 2: The Pros and Cons of Adaptations with filmmaker John Marc Green and writer Stacey Davis
- May 7: Make-Up For The Screen with professional make-up artist Linda Thacker
- June 4: Film and Social Justice with Stephen Black of the University of Alabama Center for Ethics and Social Responsibility, Ruth Crosby of First Light and Stasi of Seeitproductions
- July 2: Sidewalk Film Festival Sneak Peak with Festival programmers Rachel Morgan and Kyle McKinnon
- August 6: Film Marketing with Sylvia Derochers (via Skype)
- September 3: Sidewalk Film Festival “Town Hall Meeting”
- October 1: Zombies are Popular
- November 5: Educational Opportunities for Filmmakers (and those that want to be)
- December 3: 3rd Annual Sidewalk Holiday Social and Holiday Movie Trivia