2017 Call for Entries is Open!
Available competitive categories include the below. Please see our Film Freeway listing for deadlines and submission fees.
- Narrative Feature (fiction film of 45+ minutes)
- Narrative Short (fiction film of 44 minutes or less)
- Documentary Feature (non-fiction film of 45+ minutes)
- Documentary Short (non-fiction film of 44 minutes or less)
- Animated Short (majority animated film of 44 minutes or less)
- Music Video (traditional or experimental music videos of 10 minutes or less)
- Episodic Content (content intended for serial viewing such as tv shows, webisodes, etc of 45 minutes or less)
- Teen Category (films of 44 minutes or less created by teen filmmakers)
- Family Film Festival (films intended for children of all ages)
Please be aware that we offer discounted submission fees to our Alabama filmmakers, our returning filmmakers, and student submitters.
- Sidewalk Alumni: Code SWALUMN17 offers a $5 discount for returning Sidewalk Alumni. A Sidewalk Alumni includes an Above The Line filmmaker (Director, Writer, Producer, Editor, Actor in a starring role) who has screened their film at the Sidewalk Film Festival in a previous year (1999-2016).
- Student Films: Code SWSTUDENT17 offers a $5 discount for student films. A Student Film includes films produced or directed by individuals who are enrolled in school (college or graduate level) and carry a valid student ID at the time of the film’s production.
- Alabama Films: Code ALABAMA17 offers a $5 discount for Alabama-produced films. Alabama Productions include films that have been fully or partially filmed in Alabama and/or fully or partially produced in the state of Alabama. Partial Alabama productions must include at least 1 scene filmed in Alabama and/or at least 20% of the total budget spent in the state of Alabama. Alternatively a film that has the participation of at least 1 above the line filmmaker (Director, Writer, Producer, Editor, Actor in a starring role) that currently lives in the State of Alabama and/or is an Alabama native can be considered an Alabama film.