Need a ride from the airport? Want to know where to grab a drink at the festival? Look below for information on the nitty gritty details that will make your Sidewalk experience as smooth and fun as possible.
Sidewalk takes place at various locations in Downtown Birmingham’s historic theatre district, including:
Alabama Theatre, 1817 3rd Ave. N.
Lyric Theatre, 1800 3rd Ave N.
Red Mountain Theatre Company Cabaret Theatre, 301 19th St. N.
Alabama School of Fine Arts (four screens including the Dorothy Jemison Day Theater), 1800 Reverend Abraham Woods Jr. Blvd.
Birmingham Museum of Art, 2000 Reverend Abraham Woods Jr. Blvd.
Rushton Theater at McWane Center, 200 19th St. N.
First Church Birmingham, 518 19th St N.
The Central Box Office is located at 1807 3rd Ave. N.
Traveling to Birmingham is easy via the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM) which offers services from all of the major airlines.
For reliable ground transportation from the airport, consider Birmingham Door to Door.
Uber and Lyft are now in Birmingham.
Learn more about Birmingham’s public transportation options here.
Rental car services are available through a variety of retailers but renting a car isn’t necessary to enjoy the Festival as all of our screening venues are within walking distance of one another and our partner hotel is right in the heart of the action.
Sidewalk Film Festival is proud to partner with the Sheraton Birmingham to offer a discounted room rate for festival attendees. CLICK HERE to book rooms at discounted rate.
Sidewalk venues are all within downtown Birmingham’s historic Theatre District and are easily walkable so there should not be a need to park more than once per day. The Theatre District is packed with parking options so read on to find out more.
Most downtown streets offer curbside parking and the City of Birmingham does not require meter payments after 6pm on weekdays or anytime on weekends, so if you can score a curbside parking spot, it’s FREE!
Parking Lots and Decks:
*all rates/hours subject to change.
- 1829 4th Avenue North, 205-322-0671, $4.00, Open 24 hours. Cash only. Motorcycles allowed.
- 2100 5th Avenue North, 205-322-0671, $5.00, Open 24 hours. Cash only. Motorcycles allowed.
- 1929 4th Avenue North, 205-322-0671
- 901 4th Avenue North, 205-254-8652, rates vary
Birmingham Parking Authority Parking Decks:
- Deck 7, 509 North 17th Street, $8.00 daily
- Deck 2, 801 North 19th Street, $8.00 daily
- Deck 5, 2012 5th Avenue North, $8.00 daily
- Deck 3, 401 20th Street North, $8.00 daily
- Deck 6, 2010 2nd Avenue North, $8.00 daily
Concessions are available at most Festival venues making it easy to grab a snack between or during films.
- Alabama School of Fine Arts: standard concessions at Black Box, Lecture Hall, and Recital Hall, standard concessions and bar service at the Dorothy Jemison Day Theater.
- Alabama Theatre: standard concessions, beer, wine and cocktails
- Birmingham Museum of Art: Oscar’s at the Museum is open Saturday and Sunday from 11:00am until 3:00pm each day but food is not allowed inside the Steiner Auditorium
- First Church Birmingham: standard concessions
- Lyric Theatre: standard concessions, beer, wine and cocktails
- Red Mountain Theatre Company Cabaret: standard concessions, beer, wine and cocktails
- Rushton Theatre at the McWane Center: concessions are not available
There are several restaurants and bars in the vicinity: