Congratulations on being accepted to Sidewalk Film Festival! We’re excited to share a fabulous weekend of films, parties, and people with you.
We are able to provide limited assistance with travel expenses to our features filmmakers. To apply for assistance, please follow this link and submit the form therein. Filling out this form does not guarantee assistance will be provided. We are unfortunately unable to provide assistance with travel expenses to our shorts filmmakers.
For more information about travel, lodging, and other festival logistics, please see below.
Where do festival film screenings and events take place?
Sidewalk takes place at various locations in Downtown Birmingham, including:
Alabama Theatre, 1817 3rd Ave. N.
Carver Theatre, 1631 4th Ave. N.
Red Mountain Theatre Company, 301 19th St. N.
Alabama School of Fine Arts, 1800 Reverend Abraham Woods Jr. Blvd.
Rushton Theatre at McWane Center, 200 19th St. N.
2016 Venues TBA. Check back in Summer 2016 for updates!
Sidewalk Central – 3rd Ave N between 18th and 19th St N
Central Ticketing/Will Call, 1807 3rd Ave. N.
Sidetalks Panels and Workshops, Legends Bar, 230 18th St. N.
Sidewalk Film Festival is proud to partner with the Sheraton Birmingham to offer a discounted room rate for festival attendees. To book a room with this rate, click here.
Traveling to Birmingham is easy via the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM) which offers services from all of the major airlines.
CLICK HERE to book a Room at the Sheraton Birmingham
Rental car services are available through a variety of retailers but renting a car isn’t necessary to enjoy the Festival as all of our screening venues are within walking distance of one another and our partner hotel is right in the heart of the action.
For more information about Birmingham, accommodations, etc… visit the Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau where you can also find out about other events taking place in Birmingham in late August.
Sidewalk venues are all within downtown Birmingham’s historic Theatre District and are easily walkable so there should not be a need to park more than once per day. The Theatre District is packed with parking options so read on to find out more.
Most downtown streets offer curbside parking and the City of Birmingham does not require meter payments after 6pm on weekdays or anytime on weekends, so if you can score a curbside parking spot, it’s FREE!
Parking Lots and Decks:
*all rates/hours subject to change.
- 1829 4th Avenue North, 205-322-0671, $4.00, Open 24 hours. Cash only. Motorcycles allowed.
- 2100 5th Avenue North, 205-322-0671, $5.00, Open 24 hours. Cash only. Motorcycles allowed.
- 1929 4th Avenue North, 205-322-0671
- 901 4th Avenue North, 205-254-8652, rates vary
Birmingham Parking Authority Parking Decks:
- Deck 7, 509 North 17th Street, $8.00 daily
- Deck 2, 801 North 19th Street, $8.00 daily
- Deck 5, 2012 5th Avenue North, $8.00 daily
- Deck 3, 401 20th Street North, $8.00 daily
- Deck 6, 2010 2nd Avenue North, $8.00 daily
Concessions are available at most Festival venues making it easy to grab a snack between or during films.
- Alabama School of Fine Arts: standard concessions in all three school property venues (Black Box, Lecture Hall, Recital Hall), standard concessions and bar service at the Dorothy Jemison Day Theater.
- Alabama Theatre: standard concessions, beer, wine and cocktails
- Birmingham Museum of Art: Oscar’s Cafe is open Saturday and Sunday from 11:00am until 3:00pm each day but food is not allowed inside the Steiner Auditorium
- Carver Theatre: standard concessions, beer, wine and cocktails
- Red Mountain Theatre Company Cabaret: standard concessions, beer, wine and cocktails
- Rushton Theatre at the McWane Center: concessions are not available
A variety of food trucks and vendors will be in Sidewalk Central
On 3rd Ave N (between 18th and 19th Street) and at ASFA (at the 19th Street Entrance)
- Eugene’s Hot Chicken
- Lazy Boy BBQ
- Nola Ice
- Old Town Pizza Truck
- Repicci’s Italian Ice & Gelato
- Saw’s Street Kitchen
- Snapper Grabbers
- The Heavenly Donut
Brick and Mortar Restaurants:
There are several restaurants and bars in the vicinity:
CLICK MAP to download a map of the festival